Christina's life, thoughts and creations

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sun, fires, work, altered items

So, first things first. In Arizona, Summers = wildfires. On the way home from work on Thursday the sun looked sooooo weird. It wasn't blaring like it usually is. You could look strait at it like it was the moon. It was a weird hot pink, orangish color. Well come to find out...we have a brush fire going in one of our cities close or on one of the indian reservations and the smoke was the cause of the sun looking the way it did. Check it out.


Okay...so Friday at work sucked. I'm was outraged yesterday, but am trying to have a good weekend so prefer not to talk about it. All I can say is work sucks for me right now. :(

On a lighter note, today is a totally lazy day. I have been in my PJ's all day, and I don't even care. The house needs cleaning, but its not gonna happen today. I did however finish some altered items. I bought these unfinished wood words at the dollar store. I painted them white then put PP on them and embellished them. I'm loving the way they turned out. What do you think?


I also altered a small coffee can. Its to hold my paint brushes and foam brushes.


And last but not least, I altered this unfinished wood frame. I'm not liking it too much, but here it is.
The saying I put inside it says:

To all non-pet owners who visit & like to complain about our pets:
1) They live here. You don't.
2) If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (thats why they call it 'fur'niture.)
3) I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4) To you, its an animal. To me, they are adopted children who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly.



So yeah, that's what I have been working on lately.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

You are rockin' the altered projects!!! Oh and btw Brandon LOVED his new room. :)

Peggy said...

OH WOW Christina...I am loving those words. The frame is cute too..funky and bold like the little saying inside of it...LOL Love the brush holder too.

(((Hugs)))