
Yikes came to us in May of 2009 weighing only one pound. My mother in law came over to my house with her hands behind her back. All I could say is "oh no" what have you done. She brings her hands to the front of her, and here is this tiny kitten that fits into one hand. My brother in law's girlfriend works at Home Depot and she found three of them in the garden department with no mommy kitty in sight. Seriously, what was I gonna say? So I said YES! It was already late in the day so me and my dh ran over to PetsMart with the kitten in hand and asked the people in the store what to feed him. He wasn't old enough for dry food. They told us kitten formula. So that's what we bought. He was so lethargic at the time. Who knows when the last time he had eaten? As soon as he filled up on milk he came back to life! He was soooooo dang cute! Very spunky indeed! We decided to name him Yikes because he always was getting into something and we were always saying YIKES!!! A few days later we brought him to the vet for a check up. They said that he was only 4 weeks old. Way too young to be away from his momma. Not only that, he was polydactyl!!!!! He has a extra toe on each paw. It looks like he has mittens! At the time they couldn't tell what breed he was, but now they know. He's a Maine Coon cat. He is not small any longer by any means and is larger than both of my dogs put together!!!! So that is my story on my Yikes. I never thought that I would own another kitty since my childhood cat's death years ago, but I'm so glad that Yikes came about. Here is a photo of him now. When you see it, you will think YIKES!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment