Wow! It has been sooooo long since I have "blogged". I have no excuses except that life has gotten in the way! hehe Anyways, so many things in life have changed since I last blogged. The year 2012 was a very busy, life changing year for sure. My hubs and I got adoption certified in January and were matched with a three year old little girl in February. We were told when we were certified that it could take up to three years to become matched. Well it only took us two weeks! Come to find out that she had a sister that wasn't legally up for adoption yet and so we had to make the choice to get foster licensed to foster her little sister until she became legally adoptable or until she went back to her birth family. We also had the choice of splitting them up which was NOT a choice for us. We would never do that! So we got licensed for foster care and they came to live with us in April 2012. Unfortunately the same week that they had come to live with us my sweet little yorkie Coco passed away. That was such a hard week! A new mother of two three year olds a now losing my dear doggie. Good thing I took that week off of work!
Then in July the owner of the company that I have been with for five years tragically died in a helicopter crash. The same helicopter he use to take us in all of the time. It was terrible! He wasn't the easiest man to get along with but it was still very sad. From there things got crazy at work. I got promoted seeing that I knew the company better than anyone else so I ended up taking the owners daughters position. With two new kids and a very demanding work schedule it was tough! During this time we had a ton of court hearings to go to for our youngest. Well on October 5th, our youngest finally became legally up for adoption. We were so excited! We could finally adopt both girls and they would never have to worry about being split up or put in a bad situation again. As if we didn't have enough on our plate we were also house searching. Our townhome was just not big enough for the four of us. We were planning on getting a place before the girls came to live with us but things happened so fast. So mid October we finally found a home after searching for one since August. We moved into our dream home October 31, 2012. That was a busy day seeing that it was also our first Halloween with the girls. But we didn't have a choice, we closed on the house on the 29th and had to be out of our townhome by November 1st. Talk about cutting it close huh? lol On November 17, 2012 on National Adoption Day we adopted our beautiful little girls. We were finally a family. Nobody stopping by to do home visits, no more court hearings, no more nothing! We could finally start living a normal life. Well at least somewhat normal....lol
Things at work started getting pretty bad. The owners daughter was just not running the place well. It was sad because her and I had become very very close friends before her father passed away. She was already a very cold person to begin with but I had accepted that and looked past that. She was a lot like her father. After a few months after her father passed, it was just unbearable. I was having people quit on me left and right. She became outright mean! She wanted me to run the place but always overstepped my decisions if she was in a bad mood that day. I was tired of having my employees come to me and ask me if they were getting fired because "she" seemed to be mad at them that particular week. I tried talking to her about it but her temper just flared. I tried talking to her brother about it but he was too scared to talk to her about anything because she was so hard to talk to. She didn't take criticism well at all.
So in Feburary 2013 I decided to quit my job at the company that I had been with for officially six years! I LOVED my job there but couldn't handle the "new owner" and now my ex-friend any longer. It was hard making that choice but had to do it for my own sanity. I found a job just four days later. I worked there for about two weeks and had an epiphany one day. I just adopted two pretty awesome little girls. They are too young for kindergarten so they have to go to daycare for most of the day while we work. I chose to leave that job after two weeks and be a SAHM. It wasn't a hard choice but let me tell you, this is the hardest job I have ever had! They are both now four years old and drive me up the walls! LOL But I wouldn't change a thing!!!!
Now with being home with my girls I have more time to do the things that make me happy. Scrapping!!!!! I'm so glad to get back into the realm of things and mingle with the awesome people that I use to scrap with. (online of course) And now maybe I can blog more often. I like to go back and see what I have done in the past. Weather it be layouts, projects or just talking about what is going on in life. Its great to be back to me!
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Popped over from SNC to check out your blog. WOW! You have had a lot on your plate. It is wonderful being a mom and these special babies are so lucky to have someone in their lives who will do what ever it takes to care for them and love them to pieces. Bless you!
And it's nice you have some 'spare time' (hahaha! Like mommies have spare time) to play with some paper again and chat along over on SNC. :)
Its great to be back for sure!
Post a Comment