I had a great three-day weekend! So I thought that I would record a quick rundown so I will always remember. J On Friday night my best friend and her three-year-old daughter came over for a mini slumber party since Michael had to work. We watched and movie and chatted. It was nice.
Saturday morning I made breakfast and we chatted some more before they had to leave to go to a graduation party. Michael and I got ready and we went to drop off his equipment at the place he plays at on Saturday nights. Then we headed to old town Mesa where all the little shops are. One of my favorite scrapbook stores that I completely forgot about is located there. I hadn’t been there in over a year!! I of course did a little shopping then we went to all the antique shops. We saw a little bistro and we decided to get lunch there. We were the only ones so we ate outside seeing that it was such a beautiful day out. That would be most likely that last day like that one for at least 3-5 months. After walking our lunch off and looking at more of the little stores, we headed home. I went outside to start picking up dog do-do in the backyard. For the first time ever, Michael asked if I needed help. Since he’s allergic to bees he doesn’t do any outside work. He pulled all the weeds! And he sprayed off the porch. It took us the rest of the afternoon. Then he went for a bike ride while I jumped in the tub. He came home showered and we headed off to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner. It was fabulous as usual! Then we came home and he went to work, and I just flopped on the couch where I fell to sleep early.
Sunday morning we went to our usual diner that we always go to on Sunday mornings for breakfast. Then we went and got the Sunday newspaper, and headed home to read it together. After that, I started on a scrapbook page, but didn’t finish because I had to get ready to go to the BBQ my grandma and grandpa were having. It was yet another beautiful day out. I couldn’t believe it!!! The whole family sat in the backyard and enjoyed the weather and the delicious carnita’s my grandpa made. We stayed there until 7pm then headed home. We were a little bored so we decided to go to the bookstore and see if there was anything new. Of course all the new magazines are about to come out, but not until next week. But the good thing was that I didn’t have the ones out anyways. So we bought a couple magazines and went home to read them.
I had a rough sleep, but was happy to have Monday off. Michael made breakfast and we just chilled all day. His allergies were bothering him, so he took so Benedrill that knocked him out for a good part of the day. Then we he woke up, I for some reason became really tired! So I napped. When I woke up, we went and dropped one of his turntables off to be fixed, and then we went to Joann’s for their big sale. Well by the time we got there, almost all the paper was gone. 6 for 96 cents, I wasn’t surprised. I got a few things, so it was okay. We later went to dinner with his mom and his little sister. The service was terrible, but I didn’t let it spoil my day. It was late and I needed to get to bed since I had work the next morning. So we went home and he went to see his friend’s band play. He asked if I wanted to go, but I knew he wasn’t going to get home until late seeing that he left at 10pm. So I went off to bed.
So that was my long, boring to most people, great weekend. Lots of relaxation and lots of eating out. Of course coming into work this morning wasn’t fun. Only having four days to get all my stuff done when I barely can cram it into a five-day workweek. You would think that I would have made time to do laundry and clean house. Well I didn't. I have a cluttered house with a pile high of laundry waiting for me when I get home. But it was all worth it!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment