Christina's life, thoughts and creations

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Doggy Dayz

Friday I took my dogs to get their teeth cleaned at the vet. I knew my littlest one needed a couple of teeth pulled that he was suppose to get pulled when he was a baby, so I was expecting that. But little did I know that it was going to be my oldest dog with all the problems. The doctor called while they were doing the cleaning and said that my oldest had six teeth loose and that he was gonna have to pull the bottom ones. So this routine teeth cleaning turned into oral surgery. The poor thing had to get teeth pulled, and stitches, and some teeth glued. I felt so bad! They both were in pain all night that night. But seems that they are both doing so much better today. The vet gave me antibiotics for both of them plus some pain meds. They have to eat the soft food for a couple of weeks too. At first Nacho allowed me to give him his meds, but now that hes feeling better and getting back to his normal self, I have to fight with him to get him to stay still long enough so that I can give him his meds. LOL! He doesn't want me going anywhere near his mouth. I wouldn't either though after getting all that work done.

Last night I was able to get some scrapbooking done. I got a couple of circle journal pages done for the circle journal swap. So I was happy to do that. Today I'm really tired. Gonna go out to dinner with the boyfriend and probley go see a movie. But gotta be home to feed the dogs and give them their antibiotics. hahaha

1 comment:

stefani said...

Sorry to hear about your dogs. I hope they bounce back soon. I hear ya on having to give them their meds. My cats are terrible when it comes to having to take medicine. I always end up with it all over me and none in the cat.